Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy 2012



Happy New Year! I am so late! 2012 brings a lot of fun things...

1) THE DETERMINATORS - A Blog and Project with the uber-fantastic Brittany Veitch
Three categories, three dice, two sculptures.
Britt and I will roll three dice to determine how we will make, what we will use and what theme an artwork will be. Designed to be a way to collaborate without distance becoming a factor, as well as an exercise based way to make work. Anyone can join us, and monthly we will roll three dice. Categories can not be repeated, and we'll take suggestions for any new categories. The first roll produced: using carving/sculpting, make from clay, a trophy. This is mine, a dead mouse carved from soap (not quite clay!) with a bricklayer line tail.

2) Semester Two of IU. My plan is to branch out a little, taking a printmaking and a wood shop class. I am really enjoying photoshop so far, here is a sample of my printmaking project, which is to combine two digital images...I'm making a series of "Postcards from Indiana", with my new friends as local animals.

Meet David Katz...who declared (peaceful) war on chipmunks last semester when one was caught eating his plants.
3) Near and Dear, an exhibition curated by the awesome Molly Gabbard, who I met in Chicago recently, and who is imminently moving to Adelaide to take up a Fulbright art scholarship for a year. This opened in Columbus, Indiana on Friday 20th January...more pictures to come!

Hope everyone's year is off to an excellent start!

No comments: